Based in North Carolina
Windows / Mac / iOS / Android / Linux
Master your strategy - Conquer the galaxy. Four billion years in the future, Earth is a distant memory, devoured eons ago by the same sun that gave it life, and the Milky Way is in the middle of a multimillion-year collision with its neighboring galaxy, Andromeda. A fusion of 4X and card games, Gala Collider offers all the depth, replayability, and expansion potential of a collectible or expandable card game, all while you expand your empire and explore new sectors of space on a beautiful 3D map. The gameplay itself is evolving and fluid, with a tense midgame, quick turns, reduced micromanagement, and a strong focus on turn-based strategy, drawing inspiration from games like Stellaris and Gwent and supported by rich lore that will be coauthored by the player, beautiful artwork, and elegant user interactivity.
Conceived in the summer of 2013, Gala Collider has grown from a game that existed only in paper prototypes to a full-fledged game with a dedicated international team. Back in 2015, we pushed the game out on Kickstarter as an early Alpha with a limited preexisting fan base. We were not successful in raising our target due to insufficient polish and not having a public Alpha, but even at this early stage of development, we got positive press, and early fans said we should press on. Despite the setback, nearly everyone on the team was motivated to continue and work on their own time to get the game to completion. Since then, we’ve made continual improvements to the visual design, UI, tutorials, single-player experience, and head-to-head play modes.
- Expandable, not collectible. New content will be released in small batches on a regular schedule. Content will be purchasable for a reasonable fixed cost and unlocked more like a traditional DLC. This means that paying players will not have issues rolling the dice to try and get the latest content and instead will have predictable and repeating costs if they wish to stay up to date with the latest releases.
- Deckbuilding meets turn-based strategy. We have combined the popular deckbuilding elements from digital card games with turn-based strategy mechanics to bring users a deep experience that rewards careful planning and strategy without the usual baggage that has made PvP a real challenge in the format.
- Modify your deck in-game. While you enter the game with a fixed deck, the Tech Pool works as a sideboard, allowing you to adapt your strategy on the fly to outwit your opponent.
- Play at your own pace. Optional turn timer allows for either long, calculated matches over several days or for quicker, casual skirmishes that you can play in a single sitting.
- Asymmetrical factions. Conquer the galaxy as the quick, alien Sylith faction or the steadfast, human-descended Coalition, and stand your ground as more factions join the fray post-release.
- Simultaneous turns. Simultaneous turns speed up gameplay and reduce waiting time to a minimum, making the game easily scalable for new game modes with up to 8 players in the same game.
- Coauthor the story. Player interactions, tournament, and event outcomes will directly influence the world of Gala Collider and future events.
- Constantly evolving. As the story unfolds, players will be challenged to play the game in new ways in constantly changing territories of space. The metagame will stay fresh as your tactics evolve and adapt to the regular releases of new cards, new mechanics, new game modes (various team, co-op, solo modes of play, etc.), and new maps that promote different strategies.
- Single-player campaign and ongoing new material. Follow the storyline of the game in single player with continual new monthly missions that bring you along an evolving coauthored campaign.
Gala Collider Alpha6 walkthrough YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "I believe Gala Collider could be a contender for a game of the year award. Nothing else has been this innovative in a long time."
- Zac Phoenix, TradingCardGames
- "With deep, strategic gameplay that doesn't get too complex to be inaccessible, Gala Collider is a rich and refreshing take on the ever-expanding market of digital card games. [...] It's highly engaging and I look forward to sinking a lot of time into the game."
- John Bridgman, Indie Games
- "Sounds really awesome and it looks like there are a lot of deep mechanics involved"
- Brad Cummings, BoardGameGeek
- "Intuitive and easy. [...] I went into this having never played a card based video game, but Gala Collider certainly converted me. [...] Even at this early stage, the game has so much depth and replayability, I was actually struggling to stop playing because I was enjoying finding all the nuances to it."
- Edd Harding, Video Game Almanac
- "[NeoCrux] has put a whole lot of thought into deckbuilding. It's nice to see that it's not just 'Here's an attack card. Here's a defense card.'"
- Travis Williams, Reflective Riot
- "This is a pretty ambitious game, and I say that in a good way."
- Jose San Mateo, Indie Haven
Gala Collider's Blog
Follow news, strategy, lore and the process of creating Gala Collider at Gala Collider Blog.
Gala Collider's Podcast
We discuss our game but also interview many other guest game developers and talk about making games on the GalaCast Podcast.
About NeoCrux Ltd
"The Core of Future Gaming." NeoCrux is dedicated to innovation and quality. NeoCrux is a small startup indie studio working on their first title, Gala Collider.
More information on NeoCrux Ltd, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Gala Collider Credits
President, Creative Director, Game Designer
Board Member, Consultant
Board Member, Consultant
Board Member, Consultant